Partner with Cooper, White & Cooper LLP; principally engaged in professional liability, media law, civil and criminal litigation in federal and state courts. State-wide practice as ethics counsel to lawyers and law firms on professional responsibility, professional liability, law firm mergers and dissolutions and lawyer discipline. Arbitrator, special master and mediator on lawyer-client and law firm disputes.
- LL.M., George Washington University, June 1972. Graduated with highest honors.
- J.D., Hastings College of the Law, June 1968. Order of the Coif, Thurston Law Society, Hastings Law Journal.
Professional Associations and Awards
- Certified Specialist in Legal Malpractice Law
- Member, American Bar Association, Center for Professional Responsibility, Policy Implementation Committee and Editorial Board
- President, Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- Chair, State Bar of California Commission for the Revision of the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Chair, State Bar Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct
- Member, Board of Directors, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Chair, Bar Association of San Francisco Legal Ethics Committee
- Bar Association of San Francisco Certificate of Merit Award
- Spirit of the CEB Award, 2005
- Member, State Bar of California’s Task Force on Access Through Innovation of Legal Services
Publications and Teaching
- Co-Author, California Practice Guide on Professional Responsibility for Lawyers (The Rutter Group (West) 2012)
- Adjunct Professor, University of San Francisco School of Law (1999-2011)