Cooper, White & Cooper LLP attorneys Richard Collier, Robert Ebe, Kenneth Goodin, Keith Howard, William Norman, and Mark Tuft were recently recognized as “Northern California Super Lawyers 2011.”
- Richard Collier, Estate and Trust Litigation: With over thirty years of trial experience, Mr. Collier’s practice focuses on fiduciary duty issues in trust and probate litigation, representing trustees, both individual and institutional, and beneficiaries. Mr. Collier is also an experienced mediator, having handled a wide variety of business, insurance, professional liability, and trust disputes. He is a Past President of the Mediation Society of San Francisco and serves on the Board of the California Dispute Resolution Council.
- Robert Ebe, Litigation: Mr. Ebe represents clients in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including antitrust, trade regulation, and contract and business tort disputes. He also has extensive experience in counseling manufacturers, distributors, franchisors, and other participants in the distribution process, especially on antitrust and trade regulation issues.
- Kenneth Goodin, Estate Planning and Probate: Mr. Goodin is a board certified specialist in Estate Planning and Probate, and is a member of the firm’s Wealth Management Group. His practice includes the design and implementation of estate tax “freezing,” valuation reduction techniques, revocable and irrevocable trusts, trusts for minors, life insurance trusts, family partnerships, personal residence trusts, various forms of family and charitable gifts, trust administration, business succession planning, and the design, documentation and administration of ERISA qualified retirement plans.
- Keith Howard, Environmental: Mr. Howard is a business lawyer in the firm’s Walnut Creek office. Mr. Howard’s practice includes representation of corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships as general outside counsel on a wide variety of legal matters. He has extensive experience representing industry, landowners, developers, and individuals in environmental regulatory proceedings. The scope of his services also includes estate planning.
- William Norman, Business Litigation: Mr. Norman is an experienced business trial lawyer with an emphasis in real property, wrongful termination, trade secret, professional liability and partnership/LLC disputes (including minority rights and dissolution), petroleum pipeline safety issues, and chairs the firm’s Financial Crisis Group. He has tried over 65 lawsuits to successful conclusions, the majority of them jury trials, with the result that he has been elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Mark Tuft, Professional Liability – Defense: Mr. Tuft is principally engaged in professional liability, business and criminal litigation in federal and state courts. His trial experience includes insurance coverage disputes, newspaper antitrust litigation, media, defamation and related first amendment litigation, real estate, corporate securities, and defense of businesses and individuals in criminal litigation. He serves legal ethics counsel to individuals and law firms on matters of professional responsibility and practice management.
The independent research firm Law & Politics describes the list as a “comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys in Northern California representing a wide range of practice areas, firm sizes and geographic locations. Five percent of the lawyers in Northern California are named Super Lawyers.”