Cooper, White & Cooper LLP attorneys Marcy Bergman, Kenneth Goodin, Keith Howard, Stephen Kaus, Peter Muhs, William Norman, and Mark Tuft were recently recognized on the “Northern California Super Lawyers 2007” list in the August 2007 issue of San Francisco magazine.
- Marcy Bergman is co-chair of the Intellectual Property Practice Group of Cooper, White & Cooper LLP. The focus of her practice is intellectual property law with an emphasis on trademark and copyright counseling, registration, prosecution and litigation.
- Kenneth Goodin is a member of the firm’s Estate Planning and Probate Group. Mr. Goodin’s estate planning practice includes the design and implementation of estate tax “freezing” and valuation reduction techniques, revocable and irrevocable trusts, trusts for minors, life insurance trusts, family partnerships, personal residence trusts, and various forms of family and charitable gifts.
- Keith Howard is head of the firm’s Walnut Creek office. Mr. Howard’s practice includes representation of corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships as general outside counsel on a wide variety of legal matters. He has extensive experience representing industry, landowners, developers, and individuals in environmental regulatory proceedings. The scope of his services also includes estate planning.
- Stephen Kaus is chair of the firm’s Litigation Department. He handles complex civil and criminal matters, including class actions and multi-district litigation. He has tried approximately fifty matters to verdict. Mr. Kaus has represented clients recently in cases involving intellectual property issues, employment law, construction law, antitrust law, real property law, and taxation matters.
- Peter Muhs is a California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization certified specialist in probate, estate planning, and trust law. Since 1974, Mr. Muhs has engaged principally in estate planning, trusts, and probate activities and in related tax-oriented counseling for individual clients. He also handles the establishment and maintenance of conservatorships and guardianships and consults on the prosecution and defense of probate-related litigation.
- William Norman is an experienced business trial lawyer with an emphasis on real property, wrongful termination, trade secret, professional liability and partnership disputes. He has tried over 60 lawsuits to successful conclusions, the majority of them jury trials, with the result that he has been elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Mark Tuft is principally engaged in federal and state court trial practice involving commercial and criminal matters. His trial experience includes insurance coverage disputes, newspaper antitrust litigation, media, defamation and related first amendment litigation, real estate, corporate securities, and defense of businesses and individuals in criminal litigation. He also serves legal ethics counsel to individuals and law firms on matters of professional responsibility and practice management.
The independent research firm Law & Politics describes the list as a “comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys in Northern California representing a wide range of practice areas, firm sizes and geographic locations. Five percent of the lawyers in Northern California are named Super Lawyers.”