Cooper, White & Cooper LLP attorneys Richard Collier, Kenneth Goodin, Keith Howard, Stephen Kaus, William Norman, and Mark Tuft were recently recognized as “Northern California Super Lawyers 2009.” In addition, Jamie Chou was included in a list of Rising Stars of area lawyers.
- Richard Collier is a trial lawyer and mediator concentrating on cases involving fiduciary duty issues – partnership, unfair competition and trade secrets, insurance coverage, and professional liability disputes. For the past five years, Mr. Collier has focused on those issues in trust and probate litigation. Mr. Collier presently serves on the Board of Trustees of the American Inns of Court Foundation and the Board of Directors of The Mediation Society of San Francisco, and is Chair of the Mediation Committee of the Bar Association of San Francisco. He was recently appointed to the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the San Francisco Superior Court.
- Kenneth Goodin is a member of the firm’s Estate Planning and Probate Group. Mr. Goodin’s estate planning practice includes the design and implementation of estate tax “freezing” and valuation reduction techniques, revocable and irrevocable trusts, trusts for minors, life insurance trusts, family partnerships, personal residence trusts, and various forms of family and charitable gifts.
- Keith Howard is a business lawyer in the firm’s Walnut Creek office. Mr. Howard’s practice includes representation of corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships as general outside counsel on a wide variety of legal matters. He has extensive experience representing industry, landowners, developers, and individuals in environmental regulatory proceedings. The scope of his services also includes estate planning.
- Stephen Kaus is chair of the firm’s Litigation Department. He handles complex civil and criminal matters, including class actions and multi-district litigation. He has tried approximately fifty matters to verdict. Mr. Kaus has represented clients recently in cases involving intellectual property issues, employment law, construction law, antitrust law, real property law, and taxation matters.
- William Norman is an experienced business trial lawyer with an emphasis on real property, wrongful termination, trade secret, professional liability and partnership disputes. He has tried over 60 lawsuits to successful conclusions, the majority of them jury trials. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Mark Tuft is principally engaged in professional liability, business and criminal litigation in federal and state courts. His trial experience includes insurance coverage disputes, newspaper antitrust litigation, media, defamation and related first amendment litigation, real estate, corporate securities, and defense of businesses and individuals in criminal litigation. He serves legal ethics counsel to individuals and law firms on matters of professional responsibility and practice management.
- Jamie Chou handles corporate, transactional, and litigation matters, with an emphasis on serving clients in communications, media, cable and broadcast television, transportation, maritime cargo, service, healthcare and technology industries.
The independent research firm Law & Politics describes the list as a “comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys in Northern California representing a wide range of practice areas, firm sizes and geographic locations. Five percent of the lawyers in Northern California are named Super Lawyers.”