Cooper, White & Cooper LLP’s Kristen Thall Peters speaks at this National Business Institute Seminar. From NBI.com:
Pave the Way for Smooth Commercial Real Estate Closings
With all the time and preparation that goes into a commercial real estate transaction, the last thing anyone wants is a last minute problem to throw the deal off track. Regardless of whether there is a minor error in the paperwork or a missing document, these obstacles can stall – or worse, ruin – the closing process. Your role is important, and if you want to avoid unnecessary work, you need to know the secrets to setting up a smooth real estate closing.
Join us at this strategic seminar, where you’ll learn detailed techniques for trouble-free closings. After attending, you’ll be able to head off potential problems with superior organizational skills. Overcome possible deal-stalling issues with thorough due diligence. Know what you’re looking for – and what’s important – when reading and analyzing title documents and survey materials. Plan for possible problems when drafting your documents to ensure they’re flexible. Pave the way for a worry-free closing day by dealing with the details ahead of time and having all the necessary tools in place. Wind things up with thorough post-closing paperwork and filing. Don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your skills and knowledge – enroll today!
- Implement form management and control policies that ensure you can access whatever you need at a moment’s notice.
- Knowledgeably interpret commercial lease provisions when conducting due diligence.
- Take the proper steps required to cure encumbrances on a title.
- Put together agendas, statements and other documentation that will make closing easier.
- Troubleshoot effectively by knowing how to resolve common closing day problems.
- Finish up the transaction by properly handling post-closing distributions and correspondence.