Cooper’s lawyers advise employers on all facets of employee benefits law, including pension, health and welfare plans. Regarding pension plans, Cooper counsels our clients in the design, installation, administration and tax qualification of defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans, compliance with ERISA’s fiduciary duty and disclosure rules, and compliance with Department of Labor/I.R.S. reporting requirements.
Regarding health and welfare plans, Cooper counsels our clients in the design and operation of their plans, in meeting notification obligations under COBRA, and the preparation of cafeteria plans, flexible spending accounts, medical reimbursement plans, dependent care assistance plans, retiree medical accounts, premium payment plans, supplemental pension plans, Medicare supplement plans, life insurance and long-term disability plans, severance pay agreements, “top hat” deferred compensation agreements, executive compensation contracts, and fringe benefit programs.
Our lawyers also prepare employee handbooks to meet ERISA disclosure requirements, and when necessary, our litigators represent both employees and plan sponsors in a wide range of ERISA matters relating to benefit entitlements and fiduciary duties.
Employee Benefits Alerts
- Memo To Communications Clients: DSL Deregulated, Ending Open Access; Partial-Day Leaves for Exempt Employees; No Discrimination Against Domestic Partners August 5, 2005
- Memo to Communications Clients: AMC Morphing Breaks Programming Agreement; VOIP Rules Start July 29; FMLA Leave for Care Only; Cause for Termination No Bar to ADA Claim; Telco/Cellular Reciprocal Compensation; Unlicensed Contractor Gets Stiffed July 15, 2005
Employee Benefits Cooper News
- 7 Cooper Attorneys Named Northern California Super Lawyers September 6, 2013
- Cooper, White & Cooper LLP Joins Lawyers Associated Worldwide April 18, 2009
- Cooper Announces Strategic Alliance with Coombs and Dunlap September 6, 2005