Cooper finance lawyers represent banks, asset-based lenders, equipment lessors, venture capital firms and software financiers in a variety of personal property, real estate and project financing transactions and litigation all over the country. The transactions include corporate financing, loans secured by real and/or personal property, commercial real estate financings, credit-based financings, private placements of debt and equity investments, senior secured notes, asset-backed securities, loan participations, single investor and leveraged equipment leasing transactions, construction loans and real estate equity investments. Our particular areas of finance expertise include:
- Asset Based Lending. Cooper negotiates, structures and documents commercial credit facilities, including term and revolving loans, and factoring arrangements covering all collateral, including accounts receivable and inventory.
- Credit Support. Cooper negotiate, structure and document additional credit support transactions, including guaranties, letters of credit and certificates of deposit.
- Equipment Leasing/Financing. Cooper negotiates, structures and documents equipment leasing and financing transactions, including single investor and leveraged leases, facility leases and project finance, manufacturer, vendor and distributor program agreements, participation agreements, portfolio purchases, sale leaseback transactions and securitization.
- Real Estate & Project Finance. Working closely with attorneys in the Real Estate, Regulatory and Environmental Practice Groups, our lawyers negotiate, structure and document real estate and project finance transactions, including construction and term loan agreements and leasehold deeds of trust.
- U.C.C. Transactions. Cooper performs transactional work and litigation in all U.C.C. matters involving Article 2 sales, Article 2A leases, Article 5 standby letters of credit, Article 8 securities, and Article 9 secured transactions.
- Bankruptcy Court Expands Nondischargeability to Copyright Infringement August 22, 2005
- Disclosure Duties of User of Consumer Credit Scores October 16, 2001
Finance Cooper News
- Peter Califano Appointed Vice-Chair/Legislation of the State Bar’s Business Law Section September 4, 2013
- Peter Califano Elected Recording Secretary of CLLA June 19, 2013
- Five Cooper Attorneys Selected for 2013 Edition of “The Best Lawyers in America” August 29, 2012
- Cooper, White & Cooper LLP Joins Lawyers Associated Worldwide April 18, 2009