Website Not for Client Operations or Confidentiality
Our public facing website www.cwclaw.com is for public informational purposes and does not accept, acknowledge, or process attorney-client or confidential communications, transactions or data. Please contact our attorneys directly for the conduct of any professional business or legal communications.
Information We Collect
Cooper collects two types of information about users of our Site:
- Personally identifiable information: In general, you do not have to provide us with personally identifiable information to use this Site. However, certain services that you may use on this Site may require you to provide personally identifiable information, such as your name and telephone or e-mail address. We use such personally identifiable information to respond to your inquiries and to provide you with newsletters or other publications that you request. You may also receive other e-mailings related to Cooper articles, updates, bulletins, seminars, programs, or events that we think may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive mailings from us, please refer to the paragraph below headed “Changing or Deleting Personal Information.” If you contact us by e-mail or the contact form on the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and we reserve the right to use your e-mail address, and any information that you provide to us in your message to respond thereto. In addition, on rare occasions, we may send by e-mail important administrative information regarding the Site or services to users who have provided us with their e-mail addresses; because this information may be important to your use of the Site, it is not possible to “opt out” of receiving these e-mails.
This Website is intended for use by a general audience and does not offer services to children. If you are younger than thirteen, please do not provide any personally identifiable information while using the Site. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that they cannot use this Website.
Use of Information
We may use the information that you provide us for the following: contact you, provide services, answer questions, send you email newsletters, resolve disputes, and enforce our terms of service.
Generally, we will not disclose personally identifiable information that we collect through your use of the Site to unaffiliated third parties. We reserve the right, however, to provide such information to our employees, contractors, agents, and designees to the extent necessary to enable them to perform certain Site-related services (e.g., web hosting, improve Site-related services and features, or maintenance services) on our behalf.
We also reserve the right to disclose such information to any third party if we believe that we are required to do so for any or all of the following reasons: (i) by law; (ii) to comply with legal processes or governmental requests; (iii) to prevent, investigate, detect, or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Site or our network; and/or (iv) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cooper and its affiliates, partners, and employees, the users of the Site, or the public.
Sale of Your Information
We do not sell your personal information. To opt-out of future sales, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing or Deleting Personal Information
We retain all of the information that you have provided to us until we no longer need the information in connection with the services provided to you. If you would like to change your personal information, or if you no longer wish to receive materials from us, or want your personal information removed from Cooper’s database, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cooper seeks to adopt commercially reasonable security measures consistent with legal industry practice to assist in protecting against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personally identifiable information which is under our control. Unfortunately, no security system, or system of transmitting data over the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result of the foregoing, while we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers, the means by which information is transmitted between your computer and Cooper’s servers, or any information provided to us or to any third party through or in connection with the Site. You provide all such information entirely at your own risk. As noted, Cooper does not practice law on or with the Site, and confidential client communications are not provided by or accessible on the Site.
Cooper does not use the Site to engage in the collection of personally identifiable information about Site users’ online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. However, we do not support such Do Not Track (“DNT”) web browser preferences.
Cooper reserves the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from users, or that we otherwise collect in connection with the Site, including, without limitation, to affiliated or unaffiliated third parties in the event of a sale or transfer of assets or of any portion of our business.
Links to Other Sites
You have the following rights and may exercise them at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before we can exercise any of these rights.
- The right to access your information. You have a right to access any information that we may have collected on you. You can request copies of information that we have on you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Information transmission. You have the right to ask us to transmit your personal information that we have collected on you, to another provider (where technically feasible).
- Rectification of information. You have the right to request that we amend any of the information that we have collected on you.
- You have a right to withdraw your consent to processing of your data.
- You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your data.
- You have the right to request that we delete all or some of the personal information that we have collected on you.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our collection, sharing and processing of data with competent authorities in the proper jurisdiction.
Our Commitments Under EU GDRP
We maintain a robust security and privacy program that carefully considers data protection matters. Our firm is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the State Bar of California, and our website is also subject to applicable regulations of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). If applicable, we will comply with the General Data Protection Requirements (GDPR) for adequate protection in the transfer of personal information from the EU to a third country. We are prepared to cooperate with European Union (EU) data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to sensitive personal data transferred from the EU, if any.
Special Note to Users Outside of the United States
We transact business on behalf of clients operating throughout the world, and we have communications that cross borders. Our offices are located in the United States, and our servers are located in the State of California in the United States. We do not transfer your personal data outside of the United States, except to you (if applicable) or with your authorization.
Questions and Updates
If you have any questions or suggestions about our privacy practices, or you wish to update or correct any personally identifiable information that you have chosen to provide us via the Site, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Updated May 26, 2020